Become a Safe Conversations® Trained Leader
What Opportunities are Available?
Be a Dialogue Facilitator
Offer personalized support for those practicing the dialogue skills. Facilitators offer support during workshops and/or during Dialogue Practice sessions.
Host Your Own Workshops
Trained Leaders facilitate workshops online or in-person. They choose the location, market to their groups, and host the event.
Incorporate in Your Practice
Many counselors and therapists incorporate Safe Conversations into their clinical practice. Trained Leaders receive the certification to use the process professionally.
What do Trained Leaders Get?
“Recently, I was in a meeting at work where a lot of complaining was going on. The moment felt right, so I jumped in: “I’ve learned that underneath every complaint is a need that isn’t being met. Can we rephrase our complaints into needs?” Everyone was looking at me like “Wow, what a concept.” One person, and then another, went for it. Safe Conversations really changed the tone of the meeting.”Dalia
“The simple, straight-forward structure of Safe Conversations can truly be a life-changing platform for veterans and their families, especially for those returning from conflict and who suffer from PTSD. These veterans have often experienced terrible things in defending freedom and they struggle to communicate with their families, the work place, and society at large.”Cary Clayborn
“Safe Conversations can be used between husband and wife, parents and children. But more than that, it can be used with your neighbors, between your community and other communities. That is where we need the most healing.”Hind Jarrah
“Attending the Safe Conversations workshop is like cleaning the windows for the first time. You may think your view is great. In reality, you have no idea how much better it can be! Whether family, coworkers, patients, complete strangers, or even my five-year-old son, the Safe Conversations tools make a world of difference.”Malie
Become a Safe Conversations Trained Leader
Training Program Requirements
Before you may promote or present Your Workshop(s), you will need to successfully complete the Program, which includes all of the training and other requirements listed below. Thereafter, to remain qualified to promote or present Your Workshop(s), you must complete any continuing education or additional certification requirements that we may specify from time to time (collectively, “Qualification Requirements”):
• Attend a full-length Safe Conversations® workshop, taught by Helen LaKelly Hunt and/or Harville Hendrix, or a qualified Safe Conversations® Trainer/Facilitator or in such other format as specified in your Program Prework.
• Submit required Leader Training Pre-work as specified upon registration for Safe Conversations Leader Training.
• Attend a 2-day Leader Training workshop, taught by Helen LaKelly Hunt and/or Harville Hendrix, or a qualified Safe Conversations® Master Trainer.
• Attend interactive online advanced training modules (Accelerator A&B) and at least one scheduled, live Q&A with Helen LaKelly Hunt, Harville Hendrix or a qualified Safe Conversations Master Leader, geographic Safe Conversations Chapter Leader or Ecosystem Expert.
• Present a qualifying Safe Conversations® workshop (as stipulated during training), within 3 months of the Leader Training program (unless extension is granted in writing).
• Submit a Safe Conversations Peer Evaluation form, completed by an objective Peer Evaluator, within 2 weeks of the workshop.
You will be provided with a Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of all of the above requirements, which completion shall all be at your own expense, it being acknowledged that certain Program activities may require payment of additional fees.