“It’s how we handle ourselves in relationships that determines how well we do in a given job.”
-Daniel Goleman, New York Times Bestselling Author of Emotional Intelligence
Businesses are built on relationships. Relationships are built on conversations.
Every conversation in the workplace carries either a positive or negative charge that affects the organizational culture accordingly. Too many negatively charged conversations can lead to:
- Misunderstanding client needs.
- Misreading client cues about what they expect from the business relationship.
- Hearing what they say, but not getting what they mean.
- Missed opportunities to deepen the client relationship.
- Misunderstandings between supervisors and staff, lack of clarity, failure to accurately understand direction, resistance to change, avoidance of challenging situations
These and nearly all other issues trace back to one thing: How you handle client conversations!
In business, understanding and managing client risk is a top priority. In your career, managing the risks associated with client misunderstandings, conflict, or defection must be a priority. By learning and practicing Safe Conversations, you can prevent many of the conversational missteps that can lead to serious client issues.
Safe Conversations is a structured, three-step approach to conversation that is based on cutting-edge neuroscience, established psychological principles, and good, old-fashioned common sense.
In your upcoming workshop, you’ll learn to:
- Talk with, not just to, your client, without ever sounding critical.
- Listen with curiosity to understand your client, not to sell them (although informing, consulting, and selling all become natural when your clients trust you personally as well as professionally)!
- Connect with your clients at the human level; let them know you value them as a person as much as you value their business.
Relationships are the most valuable investments you’ll make in your career and in life. Protect those investments from the beginning by learning to have Safe Conversations that build trust, connection, and loyalty with your clients, colleagues, and community.
Learn more about
SAFE CONVERSATIONS FOR BUSINESS